Wednesday 6 June 2012

Checking out Tokyo National Museum


I recently visited the Tokyo National Museum in Ueno where I saw this scary looking mask that looks even scarier because it was taken through glass on my low-quality camera.

I also saw lots of other bits and pieces, which are below. Apologies for the quality of the pictures as I had to politely push various Japanese people out of the way to get in front of the displays.

Armour from the 12th century:


The longest bow I've ever seen:


Buddha shining his light in my direction:


Clothes partition from the 8th century:


The main shopping street in Ueno, one of the few districts in Tokyo to have retained the more working class 'shitamachi' feel:


A side street in Ueno:


A big blue whale in Ueno park, next to the National Science Museum:


Outside the Tokyo National Museum:




No comments:

Post a Comment