Sunday 22 July 2012

Exploring Daikan-yama

One of my favourite areas of Tokyo is a city suburb called 'Daikan-yama'. It's full of cool people, fashionable boutiques, great eateries and plenty of creative inspiration.

Check out the photos below to get a flavour for what it's like.

After much searching, I finally found a hat that (sort of) fitted my head. The girl in the shop seemed to find it really amusing searching for a hat that fitted my big, foreign head.



 A cute little cafe run by a guy from Yemen. The coffee was super-strong, but in a good way.




They love bicycles in Tokyo. So much so that this clothes shop had pictures of them scattered over the walls.

After much wandering around, I stopped for a drink at 'Anjin', a bar above a big book store. There are over 30,000 vintage magazines to browse through and it has a laid-back, trendy vibe.



No comments:

Post a Comment